Dead by Daylight is a horror game that has been praised for its unique and in-depth gameplay. The games main feature is the ability to play as one of 4 different characters, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Recently, however, Dead by Daylight players have reported an issue where they cannot save their progress when playing online matches. After some investigation on our end we found possible fixes for the issue.
The “dead by daylight save game error ps4” is a common issue that has been present for a while. The developer has released some possible fixes to fix the issue.
Players of the asymmetric survival horror game Dead by Daylight have experienced save game issues in the past. These issues have reappeared with the release of the newest upgrade. This tutorial contains a few possible remedies that should get you back up and running.
Occasionally, server disruptions might result in players being unable to save their game. However, there are alternative causes for this problem, and the remedies are listed below.
How to Resolve the Save Game Error in Dead By Daylight
Check the status of Dead by Daylight’s servers.
As stated in a recent post on the official Twitter website, Behaviour Interactive, the developer of Dead by Daylight, is fully aware of the save game issue that prohibits players from storing their progress:
“The team is looking into complaints of Save Game Errors on a variety of platforms. Thank you for your reports; we’ll keep you updated as additional information becomes available.”
This implies that gamers will have to wait for the developer to repair the problem, since it seems that the problem is related to the game servers. So be sure to verify the Dead by Daylight servers’ status here.
However, until the official patch arrives, there are a few things you may do in the meanwhile.
Check the File Integrity of Your Game
If the servers are up and running, and network connection isn’t a problem, it’s a good idea to double-check your files on Steam:
- Go to Steam and log in.
- Choose the “Library” tab.
- Right-click on the Dead by Daylight game and choose Properties. and choose Properties.
- Choose “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Local Files” tab.
- Select the “Verify Game File Integrity” option.
If any of your save files are damaged, this technique may assist you in repairing them and perhaps resolving the save game issue.
Installing or repairing an anti-cheat system is simple.
EAC, an anti-cheat program that may be installed or repaired on your PC if you follow these procedures, is another cause for damaged save files:
- Go to your computer’s Dead by Daylight folder.
- Find the “Easy AntiCheat” folder and open it.
- Right-click the “EasyAntiCheat Setup.exe” file and choose “Run as administrator.”
- Choose “Run as Administrator” from the drop-down menu.
- If it isn’t already installed on your computer, click “INSTALL.”
- Select “REPAIR” if it’s already installed.
- Press “YES” to confirm.
Install the game again.
When you get a save game error, the final option is to remove and reinstall your game on Steam from scratch. But only try this if none of the other options have worked so far:
- Open the Steam client.
- Choose the “Library” tab.
- Right-click on the Dead by Daylight game
- Select the “Manage” option.
- Choose “Uninstall” from the drop-down menu.
Restart your computer, open the Steam program, and click the Install button to install Dead by Daylight.
Guides that are similar:
That’s all there is to it when it comes to resolving the save game mistake in Dead by Daylight. On our dedicated hub page, you may find additional relevant guide articles.
Watch This Video-
The “dbd server status” is a tool that allows users to check the status of the Dead by Daylight server. It also provides information on how many players are currently online and what their ping is. The “dbd server status” should be used when you’re having issues with your save game.
- dead by daylight custom game not working
- cannot connect to store dead by daylight pc
- dbd cannot connect to store steam
- dead by daylight file system error
- dead by daylight switch not working